Facebook this morning changed your default email address to be theirs, rather than yours. This means if you send an email to someone it will come from “you”@facebook.com.
Check Your Settings
- – Click on your name at the top right of Facebook to go to your profile.
- – Now in the top middle of the page, click the link to Edit Profile.
- – On the left menu, select Contact information.
At the top under Emails, you will now see you have a new address @facebook.com
Reverse the Email Change
You cannot remove this new email address, but you can change your profile so that it does not show up in your account.
- – On the down arrow to the right of the @facebook.com email adress click the arrow and select “Hidden from Profile”.
- – Change your default email to “Shown on Profile”
Now you are back to normal again.